Transformations and reference point

Hello
Im working with 3d slicer and aurora sensor via plus.
Im trying to understand if it is possible to get the information from the sensor in reference to a point in my model, meaning to determine the (0 0 0) point in a point that I choose. I cant seem to find how to do it and Ill realy appericiate help.

also I’m trying to understand if I need to do pivot caliberation. Im working with the needle model and I dont understand how to define a needle tip

Thank you so much
have a nice day
Maya

Hi, these are tutorials made with an earlier version of Slicer, but they are still very informative for projects that use position trackers:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhiABcbe1DBylnlkJEgmTsI1WF8P?e=zijasb

To interface with the Aurora tracker, use the PLUS toolkit. A PLUS server can stream the tracking data to 3D Slicer via OpenIGTLink. You will find tool calibration methods in the tutorial slides, including pivot calibration for stylus.

I hope this helps.

This is called “patient registration” and typically done using landmark registration. The (0,0,0) point in the patient coordinate system is usually not physically touchable (because the origin is usually in the center of the body part or region of interest) and in general your also want to specify not just the origin but directions as well, we typically choose 4-6 points in the patient model and touch them physically with the pointer tip. Step-by-step instructions are in the U12 tutorial.