unable to install MONAI Label plugin from Slicer Extension Manager

Operating system: Windows 10
Slicer version: 4.11.20210226 r29738 / 7a593c8
Expected behavior: to install plugin ViewExtension ManagerActive LearningMONAI Label
Actual behavior: but In extension manager Active learning module is not found.

As it is described in the MONAILabel installation instructions, you must use the latest Slicer Preview Release. MONAILabel is not available for Slicer-4.11.20210226.

1 Like

Thank you Andras for your reply!
Now, when I am trying to annotate then getting following error
‘RuntimeError: Attempting to deserialize object on a CUDA device but torch.cuda.is_available() is False. If you are running on a CPU-only machine, please use torch.load with map_location=torch.device(‘cpu’) to map your storages to the CPU.’

So, Could you please tell me how I can set this value in my cpu based system.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@diazandr3s could you help with this question?

1 Like

Thanks, @lassoan for ping me :slight_smile:
@poonam1 thanks for your interest in MONAI Label.
We’ve developed MONAI Label to work on a computer with a GPU. Even a small one. They are important because the training/inference will be very slow otherwise.

1 Like

Hi @diazandr3s thank you for response!
I get that it is for GPU based system, but I am willing to try on my CPU based system once and then I will transfer that to GPU one.
So please if you can help me setting up on my system, then it would be really grateful.
Thanks,

1 Like

Some inference tasks work perfectly well on a CPU. For example ultrasound segmentation - the images are quite small and just 2D. Does MONAILabel enforces the presence of a GPU or a model/sample app imposes this limitation?

1 Like

The type of device used for inference and training is a variable configuration that is set by default to GPU. Depending on which MONAI Label App (i.e. DeepEdit, DeepGrow or segmentation), you should change that … for instance, if you want to train any App, you should change this to CPU (MONAILabel/basic_train.py at main · Project-MONAI/MONAILabel · GitHub)
If you want to do inference in the “segmentation” App, you should change this line: MONAILabel/infer.py at ca9ffe553889f0ea9d99e0133c359851a5ea2003 · Project-MONAI/MONAILabel · GitHub

If using a pre-trained model in the segmentation App, don’t forget to also change this line (MONAILabel/infer.py at ca9ffe553889f0ea9d99e0133c359851a5ea2003 · Project-MONAI/MONAILabel · GitHub) so the model is loaded to work on the CPU.

1 Like