Using the XNATSlicer plugin

Dear

I really want to use the XNATSlicer plugin, although I can not perform the integration through 3D Slicer 4.8.1, it complains the error below.
I believe I stopped making some steps on the server or on my local machine, do I need to install some library on the server?

Hugs

Ernanez

Python 2.7.13 (default, Dec 20 2017, 00:45:45) [MSC v.1800 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
>>> 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/HU/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-26813/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.8/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 925, in onLoginButtonClicked
    self.beginXnat()
  File "C:/Users/HU/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-26813/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.8/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 577, in beginXnat
    self.View.begin()
  File "C:\Users\HU\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-26813\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.8\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View.py", line 111, in begin
    "'HOST_NAME' (HOST_URL):\n%s" %(str(e)))
  File "C:\Users\HU\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-26813\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.8\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View.py", line 150, in showError
    msg.replace('HOST_NAME', hostName).\
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 68: ordinal not in range(128)

It seems that your computer name has special characters in it. Rename your computer to only contain ASCII characters and try again.

Hi Iasssoan

What exactly would “HOST_NAME” be my user, my domain?
in both cases it has no special character is admin and pacspesquisa.unifesp.br is my domain

Host name is the name of the computer. It is not the same as name of user or domain.

I don’t know how much the XNat extension is used anymore. Girder is a new data management platform that Kitware is actively developing that you might consider as well.

@ernandez.santos I was going to suggest that you ask on the XNAT forum, but I see you already did here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/xnat_discussion/iPDAXWZ0jms/discussion. Based on the lack of responses, it could be that this extension is no longer supported by the XNAT team.