Wacom Tablet Slows Down Slicer During Segmentation

Hello. I’ve recently purchased a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet (small size) in the hopes that it would help me speed up my segmentations.

However, I’ve noticed that 3D Slicer actually slows down significantly whenever I try to use the scissors or erase tools to cut away at my segments. Meaning, what would take about 30-45 seconds to cut when using a traditional mouse turns into 2-5 minutes when using the tablet. This “buffering” time increases when I try to cut away larger sized segments or multiple small segments at once. I’m usually trying to do all this in 3D Only, so I can freely rotate my model and cut away at it as needed; although I have experienced this same issue when working on the axial, sagittal, and coronal planes as well with the 3D plane hidden/turned off.

Any advice anyone can give on how to fix this issue would be much appreciated. I’m not sure if it is the Wacom tablet itself or something else that’s leading to the slow response times.

I am using Slicer version 4.11.20200930. I’m also using an iMac equipped with macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (a little old, I know lol), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB graphics card.

I use a Wacom Intuos Pro medium all the time on my Mac. Try updating to the latest slicer preview release and see if the problem persists.

1 Like