Tomorrow, we will be having our weekly hangout at 10:00 AM EST until 11 AM EST.
Anyone is welcome to join to ask questions at https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware
- Slicer 5 progress check-in
- Build infrastructure updates
- Extensions server status (follow up of this post)
- SlicerJupyter blog draft review
Feel free to post to this thread to request/suggest a topic!
Sam (@Sam_Horvath) and J-Christophe (@jcfr)
We discussed the following:
- plan to have Qt build recipes collaboratively maintained
- Extension server: this afternoon @jcfr will meet with Kitware web team to refine strategy for updating and maintaining the extension server
- need to improved multi-volume volume rendering support
- There is interest in having realistic rendering
- improving markup selection by drawing closed curved annotation as well as use of these as input the new dynamic modeler module
- use of sphinx-gallery (like what is done with pyvista) to display examples currently listed on the ScriptRepository wiki page.
- a cons of using the gallery is that it seems we will not be able to easily search on a single page
- implementation of python console addon allowing to easily lookup and use script repository examples (idea from @pieper)
- issue with Windows installer following the Qt5 update
- potentially related to the fact we build using toolset 142 while having pre-built dependency built with an other toolset
@lassoan will provide more details to help debug this
Random followup on the Qt build ideas: I found this github action script to install Qt and it uses this aqtinstall tool that looks like it would work for Slicer but I haven’t tried.