2024.09.03 Weekly Meeting

Tomorrow we will be having our next weekly hangout at 10:00 AM ET until 11:00 AM ET

Anyone is welcome to join at this link: https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware

Agenda:

Please post to this thread to put a topic on the agenda! We will try to prioritize agenda items during the meeting.

Thanks
Sam and J-Christophe

Hello,
TotalSegmentator V2 just relased v2.4.0 with two new model. Do we have a timeline of when this model will be included in the 3DSlicer extension ?

I’m doublebooked today so I’ll probably join late.

I’ve updated the extension, you can get it from the Extensions Manager from tomorrow. It contains two new models:

• liver vessels and tumors
  • brain CT segmentation (requires commercial license)

Meeting Notes

Telemetry

• Popup Refinements

• Display the popup 5 seconds after the startupCompleted signal is emitted (using QTimer).
    • Include a JSON string in the details section using slicer.util.errorDisplay("An error occurred. For further information click 'Show Details...'", windowTitle="Something", detailedText="Some text").
    • Add buttons: “Accept,” “Reject,” and “Ask me later.”
    • Include a “Do not ask again” checkbox; if selected, the popup will not reappear, and the same response will be used in future sessions.
  • Next Steps

Bone Reconstruction Planner

• Added support for multiple lights.
  • Implemented Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO).

Slicer Tutorials

• References

• Tutorial Organization

• Organize tutorials into top-level categories (e.g., SlicerIGT).
    • Use one repository per tutorial to facilitate creation, revision control, storage of PDFs, and sample data as release assets. In the future, CI will automate translation and test execution.
  • Tutorial Naming Convention

• Assign unique, descriptive names for each tutorial to avoid confusion with similar titles. Consider using IDs similar to SlicerIGT, for example:
      • STC-SEG-101 (Slicer Training Compendium - Segmentation - Beginner)
      • Examples: STC-GEN-101, STC-SEG-101, STC-REG-101, STC-NEURO-102, STC-IGT-USR-102, STC-IGT-DEV-102, STC-DEV-101, STC-MORPH-101.
    • These IDs will uniquely identify tutorials, and the tutorial finder could use these IDs as reference.
  • Next Steps

• @lassoan : Draft the main page content based on existing tutorials - Draft Link.
    • @jcfr: Rename tutorials.slicer.org GitHub project to training.slicer.org :heavy_check_mark:.
    • @lassoan: Ask @cpinter to create a dedicated repository for the segmentation tutorial.
  • Proposed GitHub Topic

• Use the topic: 3d-slicer-training for related repositories.

Slicer Reusable GitHub Actions and Workflows

• Following Slicer PR#7900, the GitHub workflow commit-message.yml is now re-usable.
  • Maintaining this workflow within the Slicer/Slicer project prevents Dependabot from effectively tracking updates specific to the pinned workflow, as it instead suggests updates referencing all Slicer changes rather than those specific to the workflow.
  • Next: Create dedicated Slicer repositories to organize each GitHub reusable workflow or action.

Plan for Slicer 5.8 Release

• This topic will be covered in next week’s meeting.

I created this repo

The intention was to store all tutorials here, but if the decision is to keep them in their own repo (based on “Use one repository per tutorial to facilitate creation, revision control, storage of PDFs, and sample data as release assets”, with reasoning here), then I can rename this or re-create the whole thing based on the new guidelines.

1 Like