3D Assessment of Mandibular asymmetry

Great!!

Thank you so much Dr Beatriz.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Pilar

Hi Dr Beatriz,
could you figure it out how to do the statistics?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best

Pilar

Hi Pilar,

I am sorry you are still struggling with this.
My suggestion was along the lines “if i were you, I would figure out…” so there is probably a misunderstanding… I did not say I would figure it out, but suggested you talk to a statistician about it.

Do you need some ideas for names?

Thank you,
Bea

1 Like

Hi Dr Beatriz,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Yes, could you please tell some statistics who can help me? Thank you so
much

Pilar

El El lun, oct. 23, 2017 a las 7:38 p. m., Beatriz Paniagua <
slicer@discoursemail.com> escribió:

Hi Dr Beatriz,
I have a similar problem, and I don’t know how to solve it. Could you help me?

My goal is to measure the linear and volumetric change of a jaw before and after an orthognathic surgery (therefore comparing the pre and post CBCT).

Following the tutorial I found on the DCBIA team website, I made the segmentation of the anterior skull base at t0 and t1 with the ITK-SNAP software.

Then I do the landmarks approximation about the two scans with Slicer and subsequently the recording performed on voxel relating to the skull base (using: basaline scan - T1; basaline segmentation - segmentation of anterior skull base at T1; follow-up scan - T2landmarks; follow-up segmentation - segmentation of skull base at T2landmarks).

immagine 2

After the registration I have segmented the first mandible on the t1 scan and the second mandible on the t2 scan obtained from the voxel recording. Then I transformed the segmentations of the two mandible into 3D surface models. I uploaded the two models on Slicer and I apply the module “model to model distance”.

I use the module “Shape Analysis Viewer” to obtain a color map.

Now I would like to take a statistic analysis about this, but I don’t know how I can do. Can you help me?

The flow that I have use is correct?

Thanks again for the support.

if l split the mandible unevenly, after spharm pdm,how can l know the difference is because the uneven split or the growth,thank you

can anyone help me to solve this question