How to design 3D-printed surgical guide for mandible reconstruction

This video shows how to get started with the Bone Reconstruction planner, an 3D Slicer extension for virtual surgical planning of mandibular reconstruction with vascularized fibula-free flap and generation of patient-specific surgical guides.

3 Likes

Users please give feedback here about the videotutorial. Thanks

hi i dont get fibula cutting planes automatically after we have adjusted the cut planes in mandibles, can u help?

Please check if this tutorial solves it and give feedback. Thank you

“Update fibula planes over fibula line; update fibula bone pieces and transform them to mandible”

here the fibula bone pieces are not updated and transformed in the mandible

Please confirm you are using Slicer version 5.6.1 Stable

If that does not help please update the Slicer scene somewhere and share it (erase patient data from it first, or sent me a private link) so I can have a look

its working now. thanks some bug autofixed.

1 Like

any reason for bullion operation to fail?

Please share a Slicer scene where the issue happens or provide a detailed instructions to replicate the issue

Thank u so much gentlemen
I was able to create both fibula and mandibular surgical guides successfully using Ur module and guidance video. it was really helpful.

What @mau_igna_06 would like is to be able to fix the error that you encountered. If you don’t mind contributing back to the project that you use, it would help the developers if you went back and tried to reproduce the error. Any error can only be fixed once reproduced, and if you can be so kind to help in finding the steps that bring out the error, other users won’t have the problem you had. Thanks.

1 Like