About multi-planar reconstruction reslicing to untag 3 axis

Hi there, multi-planar reconstruction view is activated with that click, but each axis are tagged as orthogonal, how can I canceled the binding with only move one axis each time?
Thanks a lot.

I’m not sure I understand your question, but I think you are asking how to control the orientation of the slicing axis for each individual slice viewer independently. The controls for that are described here: User Interface — 3D Slicer documentation. Use the “Reformat” button to allow you to use controls shown in the 3D view to orient the slicing plane for a slice view independently of all others.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you might also find the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt- on a slice view to rotate the intersecting slicing planes useful, although this approach rotates the other two planes together, so does not allow fully independent reorientation. This is described here: User Interface — 3D Slicer documentation

1 Like

Thanks for reply! I apologize for the confusing presentation. In multi-planar reconstruction, if I just move one axis(like the yellow one) in axial plane, the green one will move too, for maintaining orthogonalty. But how can I just move the yellow axis without the green one moving? Thanks a lot!

like this?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Yes. Can I move the axis in the plane rather than move it in 3D view?

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to achieve it through simple settings, but modifying the source code should be able to implement this functionality.

1 Like

You can set a slice normal and orientation using python through the SetSliceToRASByNTP() method of vtkMRMLSliceNode objects. I don’t believe there is a way to achieve reorienting a single slice in base 3D Slicer using only GUI elements and without using a 3D view.