Checking the distance bwtween two STL models in order to exaluate the accuracy between virtual planning and actual surgery

hi dear all , I would like to confirm the accuracy of my evaluation through sharing with you some of the steps I used for the measurement of accuracy between the virtual planning model and the actual post-operative model, I need your valuable opinion in this regard

1. the first step after I did the registration between the pre-operative planning and post-operative

2. After the registration, with the help of pick’n Point I choose the reference model, which is a post-operative model
    I made a point on the reference model as shown below at the area of interest to measure the distance between the same points between the two models, and later I chose the propagate the non-mesh model

3. then through Model to Model Distance the source model is the post-operative Model and the target model is the pre-operative model and the calculation was done

4.the fourth and last step was to get the measured value through Mesh Statistics. I chose the absolute value and X AXIS, Y, AND Z AXIS

my question is this step are accurate for measuring the distance between 2 models ?