Convert an extension into standalone application

Operating system: windows 10
Slicer version: 4.13
Actual behavior:

Is it possible to convert an extension into standalone application and works with no need to install the 3D Slicer in my computer?

I tried to build the extension and then I get this error Slicer_DIR-NOTFOUND. I followed the instructions by replacing Slicer_DIR-NOTFOUND by c:/D/S4D/Slicer-build, but still didn’t work.

Does that mean the extension is connected to the 3D Slicer either way?

Regarding the instructions on how to build an extension (Extensions — 3D Slicer documentation) setting Slicer_DIR to the path c:/D/S4D/Slicer-build is an example path. Based on reading your other posts it appears you have built Slicer in a c:D/S4R directory so your Slicer_DIR is at c:/D/S4R/Slicer-build.

Based on reading your other posts it appears you have built Slicer in a c:D/S4R directory so your Slicer_DIR is at c:/D/S4R/Slicer-build .

Right… CMake problem solved, but I get the same build error with VS, although it was previously resolved by

rename the C:/Users/toshiba/AppData/Local/Programs/Python to something else (e.g., C:/Users/toshiba/AppData/Local/Programs/PythonTemp )

*Python folder’s name still PythonTemp…
here:

Here is the output of the build:

SlicerRT-Build Output.docx - Google Docs

The CMake variable EXTENSION_WC_REVISION is empty ! error is due to building an extension that is not under revision control. You can choose to either build the extension from a git version-controlled folder or specify the extension revision manually as described here.

While obviously developers must always use revision control, Slicer project should probably not enforce this as a mandatory rule. Therefore, I’ve submitted a pull request that changes the build error to just a warning: