Could not load ultrasound from .mvl (Medison) file format

thank you very much for the answer i will be aware of your recommendations

I’ve updated SlicerRawImageGuess to work with latest Slicer Preview Release (it should be available in the main repository very soon). Until then you can use the extension with Slicer-4.10.2. Here is an example of parameter settings that you can start from:

Andras Lasso, Thank you very much for your response, I am Obstetrician Gynecologist. I am very interested in this 3D technology for the benefit of my patients. You can study better alterations that fetuses have to be able to operate them. That’s why I’m interested in 3D image quality. Keep me updated on progress and updates. Thank you very very much.

1 Like

Update: RawImageGuess extension is available in the extension manager now and there is a video showing how to use it to load Samsung .mvl files: New extension: RawImageGuess - for loading of images from unrecognized file format

If someone has example source files to work from, I would be happy to start trying to reverse engineer the next most common 3d-sonogram file format.

I think there is measurable interest in loading Samsung mvl files. The image is stored uncompressed, so the main challenge is to figure out how to determine where the image starts, where the extents and spacing information is stored. There is a link in a post above to a few example data sets. If you figure out the format and create a reader in Python or C++ then we can integrate it as a file reader in Slicer (so the file can be loaded by drag-and-dropping to the application window).

1 Like

FYI, RawImageGuess module can now also load 4D movies from Samsung MVL files - see example here: