Creating a 3D Slicer extension with minimal programming skills

Unfortunately I work on Windows and thus have not the slightest idea of how to do that on a Mac, maybe somebody will help you better on that. Anyways to launch the slicelet you should have some kind of application in the folder of the Slicelet. Then you can look something like “how to include a custom extension on 3D slicer” and you’ll find a tutorial to manually add and external offline module to your slicer. You’ll then have access to it from the main 3D Slicer application. This is very practical since you can switch between your version and the real one

Sorry could you explain the what you mean by the “kind of application in the folder of the Slicelet”? Specifically with regards to the SlicerSimpleWorkflow project. What do I do with the .zip file once I’ve downloaded it? Any screenshot to explain the process would be great!

And just curious - “You’ll then have access to it from the main 3D Slicer application” - But isn’t the whole point of the slicelet to avoid having to use the full 3D slicer application?

And okay I have a windows laptop so I may try that :slight_smile: Did you have to download from Download Offline Installers to use QtDesigner?

Sorry for the newbie questions

Well, if I remember well (which might not be the case) once the zip downloaded, unzip it and store it somewhere on your computer (a place that you can find). Then if you open the folder you created, you should have an application called like QuickSegment or something, on windows it’s a .exe. This should allow you to open the Slicelet.

Yes you’re right, that’s the point of Slicelets, but being able to switch to the main application while you are in the development phase is still useful !

I don’t remember downloading anything to use QtDesigner but I might have forgotten

Yeah I’m having no luck in locating the .exe file :frowning:

capture2
Capture

Hmmm I noticed in my case it’s at the same place as the Slicer.exe (on the main folder of Slicer)

Gotta say I don’t know how to help there, I did that once a few months ago so it’s hard to remember exactly ^^

Oh okay thanks anyway!
Just curious where you obtained the “NumChainTest1.exe” file then? Is that the custom slicelet you created yourself?

Vincent if you’re okay with it I would love to set up a zoom meeting with you to learn from you. I’m more than happy to compensate you for your time. It is for my university research project. Let me know!

Hello! Do you have any idea why we can no longer see the photos you and Vinvebisca posted in this discussion? All the images are blank from my side. I will be very interested in seeing the screenshot as I am facing the same problem.

I’ve noticed this too on some posts. Probably it’s an issue with discourse. @jcfr @Sam_Horvath @lassoan let’s discuss at the dev call. Probably we need to file an issue with discourse.