Creating real colour models using visible human data

Hello

I am using the visible human data set to create some 3D sliceable images. However, when I create a model, say of the head, the colour on the outside is simply the standard green used by the segment editor. I would like this to be the actual colouration of the visible human’s skin. Is this possible? I hope I am making myself clear! I enclose a screenshot of what I have got so far

Thanks in advance

Steve

1 Like

You can use “Probe volume with model” to color a model surface using an RGB volume. After you computed the scalars, go to Models module and Display/Scalars/Scalar Range Mode choose “Direct color mapping”.

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to hide empty black regions of the slice in 3D view

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to hide empty black regions of the slice in 3D view

Sometimes when I do this the colour is just plain black. If I reload the problem seems to resolve itself, but it can be quite annoying if you do a time consuming segmentation only to find you can’t add colour. Any ideas what is happening here? I’m assuming it’s a bug

Thanks

Steve

I’m not sure what you are referring to. If we can reproduce a problem then we can fix it, but for that you may need to give us step-by-step instructions (what you do, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead).

Turns out I needed to harden the transform I was using. All sorted now.
Thanks

1 Like