Different file formats unavailable

Dear All,

I have installed 3D Slicer recently. I have been working with some maps, but when I go to save the file, I just can choose the format *.nrrd/.nhdr… There are not other file formats to choose.

Do you know the reasons?

Thanks in advance,

Operating system:Windows
Slicer version:4.8.1
Expected behavior:
Actual behavior:

I assume you would like to export image segmentation as a labelmap volume to use in a third-party software. For this, go to Data module, right-click on the segmentatation node, and choose Export to labelmap. Then using File / Save scene, you can save into a wide range of file formats.

I would recommend to upgrade to latest stable release of Slicer (currently 4.10.2).

Thanks. But the problem I have found it is that when I am going to save I cannot find other file formats. I have been working with texture maps, and then, when I want to save the map, it just allows me .nrrd format. No other formats are available, like .nii.

Go to Data module, right-click on the segmentatation node, and choose Export to labelmap. Then using File / Save scene, you can save the exported labelmap into a wide range of file formats, including nifti (.nii).

Thanks again for your answer.
I have followed your guide, but still I have problems. Please, see attached two screenshots.
Regardless of the message, it is true that when I go to File/Save, now I can find a wide range of formats. If I save it, the image is empty. Should I select any other parameter in the segmentation tool?
Thanks

You don’t have any segments in your segmentation node, so there is nothing to save.

Now there is a segment in the segmentation node and the result is the same…

Do you have anything in that segment?

I assumed that by “map” you mean segmentation. Is that correct?

On the screenshots all I see is a masked volume, so it is not clear what you would like to with it.

I have found the solution through texture features.

Thanks