Error in Opening Files using Slicer 5.6.2

Hi Slicer Community,

I am working on a research project and need to redo my segmentations. However, I am encountering an issue when trying to open files in 3D Slicer. Here are the files I have in my folder:

• 2024-03-05-Scene.nnrd
  • 2024-03-05-Scene.mrml
  • 2401 CO T1 FS mDIXON GD.scene
  • Segmentation.seg.nnrd

When I try to open these files, the 3D volume only shows up in the axial view.

Could someone help me resolve this issue?

You loaded a screenshot: 2024-03-02-Scene.png. This image is 2D (single-slice 3D), so it only shows up in the red slice view.

NRRD files store 3D image and segmentations.

Hi Team,

I think I’ve identified the issue. Here are the potential causes for the error:

1. Incorrect data upload
  2. Version error introduced in Slicer 5.6.2

The error occurs when trying to upload previously segmented data in version 5.6.1, specifically with the following files:

• 2024-03-05-Scene.nnrd
  • 2024-03-05-Scene.mrml
  • 2401 CO T1 FS mDIXON GD.scene
  • Segmentation.seg.nnrd

No PNG files were uploaded into 3D Slicer.

When I upload these files, I get a random screenshot in the panels instead of the expected coronal, sagittal, axial, and 3D views. For instance, a screenshot of the DICOM Database appears, which I never took. You can see this issue in the attached image.

In the left panel, the expected data is visible, but an extra set of segmentations is added with an underscore suffix (e.g., *_1). To solve this issue, you need to delete these extra files. Once deleted, the views should display the correct content.
Additionally, this solution should also fix the 3D model not centering correctly, as mentioned in a previous post.

Everything appeara to work as expected. The segmentation is in the scene twice, because loading the scene (.mrml file) loads all the data that you had in the scene and you also loaded the .seg.nrrd file. You have also loaded the screenshot that was automatically generated qhen you saved the scene.

The solution is to only load the .mrml file.