Exporting Segmentations to DICOM

Hi together,

I’d like to export segmentations to DICOM to import them in other planing systems. However I can only export the CT-Data Set and not the corresponding segmentations. Quantitative reporting and SlicerRT are installed.
Any ideas what might be the problem ?

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Since you say “planning system,” I assume you want RT Structure Set.
In that case, I think you need to create a study, put the segmentation into the same study as
the CT, and then export the study (right click on study, choose export).
Greg

I am also having the same issue. I exported a CT and a RTSTRUCT from a planning system (Varian Eclipse), imported to Slicer (4.6.2), modified the structure, and then when I export the CT and modified segmentation it only exports the CT image. I opened the python inspector and I see the following error… It basically saying it cannot find vtkSegmentationCore. Is there anything that I am missing. I installed SlicerRT and Reporting modules.

=======
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 2, in
File “C:/Users/jkim20/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-25516/Reporting/lib/Slicer-4.6/qt-scripted-modules/DICOMSegmentationPlugin.py”, line 339, in export
self.exportAsDICOMSEG(exportablesCollection)
File “C:/Users/jkim20/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-25516/Reporting/lib/Slicer-4.6/qt-scripted-modules/DICOMSegmentationPlugin.py”, line 374, in exportAsDICOMSEG
import vtkSegmentationCore
ImportError: No module named vtkSegmentationCore

@JK_Kim It seems you’re actually exporting to DICOM SEG, not DICOM RTSS. Make sure you have the segmentation and the CT under the same study (which must have a patient parent), right click the study in Data module, select Export to DICOM… and make sure that RT is selected on the left under the tree.

Also I strongly recommend downloading a recent nightly.

Thanks for the quick reply. It works well with the “RT” selected as the
export type.
Best regards,
Jinkoo

Hello everyone,

I need your support. I am trying to convert my NIfTI data to DICOM data but
until now I couldn’t do it in slicer while exporting my data.

The exported format is .sql . so it is possible to export my data as .dcm ?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Hanaa

Please follow the instructions two comments above.

In order to have a segmentation to export from nifti, you need to import the loaded labelmap volume to a segmentation in the Segmentations module’s Import/Export section at the bottom.

A post was split to a new topic: Improve an existing segmentation

Going to Segmentations module’s Import/Export section without prior actio?
Use the Segmentations modules Import/Export section without prior operation?

I can not import the file from there