Extension tests fail on CDash, why?

@mau_igna_06 we were discussing this topic a few weeks ago in the devs meeting. It seems that tests requiring external module dependencies fail because the dependencies are not loaded in fresh environments. In a development setup, where you manually build the dependencies and set the paths everything should work. However, the testing environment for the extensions tests the modules in an independent manner without considering its dependencies (in the Slicer-Liver, we even have dependencies included in the same extension that are not loaded in some tests, making these fails.

I think this issue should be solved as it will improve the testing dashboards and the quaility of the tests, but solving this problem will require some CMake plumbing work. @jcfr, @pieper do you agree with this assessment? I could open an issue on this and even try to come up with some ideas if that would be helpful. Unfortunately, today I won’t be able to join the meeteing, but we can have this as a discussion point in upcoming meetings.

1 Like