How to translate bone models?

Hi,

I recently had a question about displaying iv files on to slicer. This was solved with the amazing help of @lassoan (source). He made an iv file displayer in the sandbox extension which works perfectly. I currently want to learn how to allow the user to transform the bones in the x, y, or z axis. I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be. I was going to create a new module to help me accomplish this but am struggling as to how I would access the polydata that is in the sandbox extension that displays the iv files right now.

PS: This might seem like a basic question but I am incredibly new to slicer and don’t understand its architecture that well so any advice/materials that could help me understand the big-level architecture would be much appreciated too

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

Any thoughts about the question posted above? Replying to the post for visibility purposes. Thank you in advance.

You can apply a transform to the model node to transform it. You can enable interactive editing of the transform in 3D views, but I would recommend to position/orient it using landmark registration.