Interactive lobe segmentation on Chest Imaging Platform

Hello everyone,
I have created a lung lobe segmentation using Interactive lobe segmentation on Chest Imaging Platform but I don’t know how to calculate the volume of each lung and each lobe. Is there a way to get the volumes of each lobe and lung from the segmentation created with Interactive lobe segmentation?
Thanks a lot

You can right-click on the lobe segmentation result labelmap to convert it to segmentation then use Segment Statistics module to get volumes.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Andras,
I have tried but have not succeeded. I can’t select the lobe segmentation result labelmap to convert it to segmentation on my MAC. I must be doing something wrong
Also I would like to create a 3D model from this segmentation, is it possible?
I will keep trying!!!

I’m not sure what node type is the result of lobe segmentation. Could you upload an example somewhere (save the entire scene as a .mrb file) and post the link here so that I can have a look?

Yes, once you have your lobes in a segmentation node, you can create a 3D model by a single click.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eux1f8_2tuaKIjoojblDmBDio-ZjK5gl?usp=sharing

This the link of my lobe segmentation.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I am a radiologist and I am starting to use 3DSlicer for 3D printing. Everything that can be done with 3D Slicer is impressive, although it takes a bit of learning to use it.
Thanks a lot

Everything works as expected. Right-click on the labelmap and choose to convert to segmentation node:

Click Closed surface → Create in Segmentations module:

You can adjust opacity to see inside the segmentation:

1 Like

What a great help !!
If instead of using “unnamed Series_partialLungLabelMap-segmentation” we use “unnamed Series_interactiveLobeSegmentation” we create the anatomy of the pulmonary lobes perfectly.
Simply wonderful.
Thank you so much for everything

1 Like

Hi András,
I have been looking for the Segment Statistics module but it is not offered by my Extensions Manager. No trace of it in the list of all installed modules either. Using Slicer 4.10.2 r28257. Could you please point me in the right direction?
Kôszônom szépen!

The module might have been added after Slicer-4.10. It is available in current Slicer releases.