Is it possible to view more than two image volumes at the same time in slice viewers?

Hello,
I am new here so I would first like to express my gratitude to all of you that are putting in such hard work to make this awesome tool available :slight_smile:

So I know how to set the foreground and background images which works nicely for registrations and viewing a single dose wash over a CT however I have the need to view more than 2 volume nodes of differing opacity simultaneously. These volumes would have the same dimensions however I need to be able to control window, level and thresholds separately otherwise I suppose it may be easiest to just combine them into one volume node.

Is there a mechanism currently that can support this?
If not any thoughts on the best way to implement this?

Thanx! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is very hard to make out details even when only two volumes are blended, therefore there is no option on the GUI to blend more volumes.

You can easily combine any number of volumes, especially if they have the same geometry (image extents, origin, spacing, axis directions), using numpy. See this example in the script repository: https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/ScriptRepository#Combine_multiple_volumes_into_one

1 Like