Liking Slicer 4.11.0 but missing tools in segment editor

Hi there,
I noticed that several tools are now missing from the segment editor, namely draw tube, flood filling, mask volume, surface cut, and watershed. I was using the mask volume quite a bit and missing it. Is it hidden or am i missing something?

Operating system: Windows 10
Slicer version: 4.9.0 nightly 2018-12-03
Expected behavior:
Actual behavior:

I think you forgot to install the SegmentEditorExtraEffects extension

1 Like

I did install the extension but apparently it didn’t show till my most recent restart. Thanks.

Yes the Extension Manager shows a restart button for this purpose, because after you install any extension Slicer needs to be restarted.

Yes, I was aware of that but for some reason it took several restarts to show up. In a related subject, the extensions manager sometimes does not show previously installed extensions when installing a new build. Is there any trick to refresh this? Thanks!

Unfortunately since migrating to Qt5, the web-based widget of Extension Manager has issues. So now it’s better to wait 5-10 seconds after the extension installation is done, so that you can safely assume that every step is finished.

I’m not aware of this issue. Not sure if others in the community do, I’ll let them answer if so. In the meantime can you describe exactly what is the symptom?

This may be the same issue: you need to wait until the “Restart” button becomes enabled (it may take tens of seconds), otherwise extension installation may be incomplete.