Newbie frustration trying to learn how to use Slicer and SlicerMorph

I have high hopes of using Slicer (5.6.2) and SlicerMorph for geometric morphometric analyses of equine cervical morphology but am frustrated because the tutorials and videos all use the older versions. Plus, the videos on the Slicer YouTube channel do not have audio and move SO fast, they are impossible to follow.

For example, I wanted to play around with the Pseudo-Landmark Generator but the tutorial on github is 3 years old and the directions do not correlate with the menus in ver. 5.6.2.

Is there any place that provides clear, basic instruction using the latest version of Slicer for beginners who want to learn how to generate landmarks (that will be accepted reviewers in publications) then run SlicerMorph for the datasets to be exported?

Thank you SO much for any advice, suggestions.
Pamela Eckelbarger
Equus Soma Osteology & Anatomy Learning Center

You should be able to do what you need to do in SlicerMorph easily. The fastest way to get started is to attend one of our workshops (in a conference), or even better join our intense short courses which will restart in the next 4-6 months.

If you need something sooner, check our online step-by-step tutorials at GitHub - SlicerMorph/Tutorials: SlicerMorph module tutorials

You can use Youtube speed option to slow down the play speed and pause at critical points. Audio really doesn’t really add much to what we are showing in that tutorial.

Slicer is fast-evolving platform, there is usually 2 stable versions cut a year. Hence it is not always possible to update those videos in sync with the latest version. However, the functionality of the PseudoLMGenerator itself has not changed, and as far as I can tell the menus are exactly the same way they are in current version. So the contents of the video is still applicable.

There are many resources, including Slicer’s own documentation at https://slicer.readthedocs.io. If for some reason you don’t find our SlicerMorph tutorials (you should focus on Markups 1 thru 3 and GPA 1-3 sections), there are many other ones. Just search for anatomical landmarking with 3D Slicer on google or chatGPT.