Odd looking hippocampus

Odd_loking_hippocampus

HI Beatriz and Martin,

I am running the shape-tool and I get very odd looking hippocampus after running the shapeanalysis Mancova wizard.

I have no clue what is going on. I am converting the _hippocampus_left_roi_pp_surf_SPHARM.vtk files to meta. And run the analysis.

I looked at the individual *_hippocampus_left_roi_pp_surf_SPHARM.vtk in the population viewer … and they look fine

Do you have a clue?

best
Olof

Hi Olof,

Have you done QC of the spharm meshes? SAM generates an average mesh where all scalar values are added that will not provide useful results unless all of the source meshes have the same orientation.

Bea

Well,
before, in the old version, you taught me to use the proctalign version of the output … but this image seems not to be available running the new tool … Or am I running with wrong parameters?

best
Olof

Hi Olof,

Yes, the procrustes aligned meshes would be the best choice to look at shape changes, procalign files are generated when the reg-template option is set up in the new GUI. I just wanted to bring up that if parameterization of the SPHARM mesh is incorrect the procrustes alignment will not work.

Thanks!
Bea