Proposed new SlicerAstro logo

Edit (@jcfr): This topic is a follow up of Proposed new Slicer logo - #74

I was playing just for fun a little bit with the new Slicer icon for upting the SlicerAstro one.
Here my first experiment (I am super amateur in this, I just played with gimp, any feedback will be very welcome):

Old SlicerAstro icon:
OldSlicerAstroIcon !

New1:

New2:

not sure if the ring is better with or without the border, what do you think?

2 Likes

:+1: for the border

:space_invader:

2 Likes

Definitely new design number 2 @Davide_Punzo

Would you agree @lassoan @vertebrae?

2 Likes

:100: :100: :100: I agree. I like number 2 better. Any other thoughts @cpinter @Sunderlandkyl?

1 Like

+1 for the second one!

2 Likes

Just because we can … here is a poll:

Poll can be built using this:

1 Like

Hi

I like version #2. Would you consider a different color for the ring? Gey might be a good alternate.

Best
Ron

Hi Ron, here is with silver (#C0C0C0):

yellow:

P.S.: not sure why the images exported from gimp in png look darker when uploaded here on discord. Here some screenshots that show the right colors:

I personally prefer the yellow one, here is a poll again :slight_smile:

• silver
  • yellow

0 voters

Hi Davide,
I prefer the yellow one as well. It’s the orange that bothered me. I guess you should figure out how to fix the export/import
Best
Ron

This email is for non-work related messages

1 Like

I like the one with border, and from the last ones the silver. I’d try to remove the little parts of the ring border where it “goes behind” the logo. Looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Davide, I like the logo, the ring with the and prefer the silver one. The yellow one is a bit too dominant. But you may want to try a few colors between silver, light blue and yellow that stand out but are not too dominant.

1 Like

Thanks to everybody for the feedbacks.

Here some png with additional colors (exported colors have been fixed) where I have edited a little bit the border following Csaba’s advise (I made also the ring border a little bit thinner):

yellow

silver

dark blue

light blue

• yellow
  • silver
  • dark blue
  • light blue

0 voters

@vdhulst let me know if you find a better color for the ring.

other two colors from Thijs:

light blue 2

light green

• yellow
  • silver
  • dark blue
  • light blue 1
  • light blue 2
  • light green
0 voters

our preference for the moment is light blue 2

@vdhulst I have updated the logo in the SlicerAstro extension and I created a full customized SlicerAstroApp. See below:

Linux binaries will be soon available at Releases · Punzo/SlicerAstroApp · GitHub .
It will be nice if you or Leon can check the compilation/packing on MacOS (all the necessary steps are described in link).

Next step would be to update all the icons in SlicerAstro, but it is better to wait to see if the 3DSlicer icons will be redesigned as well (see Update Slicer's icon set) and have the same theme.

1 Like

@Davide_Punzo: I will take a stab at building the SlicerAstroApp for MacOS and ping Leon. He already knows this is in the works. Thanks!

1 Like

@rkikinis would be possible to update the SlicerAstro logo in the 3D Slicer webpage (https://www.slicer.org/)?

here the file:

The website is being completely reworked in these weeks. I don’t think we can change the old website now, but the new version will be hosted on github and can be updated by anyone by submitting a pull request.

1 Like

Perfect! I didn’t know the website was under reworking. Thanks for letting me know.