Question about system requirements on Mac

Hello,
I am new to Slicer and recently downloaded the software to use a bone measurement plugin (Bone Angle Meter). I am having trouble with the software running very slow during 3D rendering manipulations, to the point that I have to wait 20 to 30 seconds between small changes in the rotation of the 3D rendering. I am running a Macbook Pro with 100GB of HD storage available. The laptop features are listed below. Can someone tell me if this laptop is sufficiently set to run Slicer smoothly? If so, are there any settings I could change to make the manipulation of the 3D rendering more efficient? Thank you for the help!
Rod
Processor 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

That computer should work fine with Slicer. Maybe your data or rendering methods are the issue. Do the tutorial datasets work?

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for the reply. I just downloaded one of the tutorial data sets to compare Slicer’s performance to that of my data. It started a bit slow, but then, all of a sudden, it started running very smoothly. Next, I tried it with my data, and it is also running great. It is as if Slicer just needed another data set to change some configuration on my computer so that it would run smoothly.
Thank you once again!
Rod