ROI markup is not filled with color in coronal view in Slicer 5.6.0

Problem report for Slicer 5.6.0 win-amd64: ROI markup is not filled with color in coronal view

5.6.0 (revision 32390 / 0a13b9c) win-amd64 - installed release
Windows / Professional / (Build 19045, Code Page 65001) - 64-bit

1 Like

Thanks for the report. That is odd.

I’m seeing the same thing here, Linux (Ubuntu 20.04), on both 5.6.2 and 5.4.0. I’ve only recently started to play with ROIs.

I was under the impression that it didn’t start this way, so I tried moving aside .config/slicer.org/Slicer.ini and removing .slicerrc.py (just to be on the safe side, as it was only comments anyway), but it didn’t change anything.

I’ve also tried to see if this was related to the slice view being Green or the fact that it’s coronal – by switching the viewers’ slice orientations – and it is, indeed, the coronal.

(I’m wondering if this could somehow be related to locale or timezone, @Maya_Kiperwas_Gal seems to be in Israel like me; starting the app with LANG=en_US LANGUAGE=en_US LC_ALL=en_US TZ=UTC didn’t change anything either)

It’s not timezone related since it happens to me too in the US. It seems to just be a bug that someone will need to investigate.

1 Like

Please test with the latest Slicer Preview Release, too.

Latest Slicer preview (as of d803d34):

slicer.app.layoutManager().setLayout(slicer.vtkMRMLLayoutNode.SlicerLayoutFourUpView)
roi_node = slicer.mrmlScene.AddNewNodeByClass("vtkMRMLMarkupsROINode")
roi_node.SetSize([100, 100, 100])

1 Like

Right, I somehow misread the December messages. Sorry.

I don’t see this reported as an issue on Github – will reporting it there help, or is it just noise?

I think and issue on github makes sense. I just tested and it’s still an issue on my local build.

I’ve added this to the Slicer issue tracker:

I did a little checking, and if you rotate the ROI, it appears that 2 of the 6 faces of the ROI show as unfilled. The appearance of unfilled ROI shapes is not limited to the coronal/green slice, and rotates with the ROI, and can therefore show up in any of the slice views. Just FYI for anyone who might start taking a look at debugging this.