Slicer 4.10.2 Not responding on Windows 10 (blank screen on older laptop)

Please try 5.0, it will out this week.

Also, deleting the registry is a good idea, and along those lines, it may be useful trying to delete the ini file. It is located in c:\Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\

Thanks guys - this discussion helped me. For me the problem was my main monitor which had too high resolution 3840 x 2160 (new Windows 11 machine, good hardware specs). To resolve, I disconnected main monitor from display settings, opened 3D slicer, and reconnected display, and everything worked fine. Hope that helps somebody.

1 Like

I know this thread is older, but the problem also persists in version 5.1. But I fixed it as already mentioned, just switch to one screen, open 3DSlicer and then close it. Reconfigure your previous multi-window installation and when you open 3DSlicer again, it will open on your screen 1 without problem. I assume the problem occurred to begin with, when I started 3DSlicer on screen 1 and dragged the window to screen 2, worked there and closed it there. Reopening it again, the white non-responding window opened instantly on screen 2 and not as previous at screen 1.

Perhaps related to this issue.