SLICER 4.9 software does not work after installation.

Operating system:Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
Slicer version:4.9 nightlybuild
Expected behavior:Running normally after installation
Actual behavior:The software was installed successfully, but double-clicking on the icon didn’t respond,or the interface starts to flash past, and then there is no response. I’ve deleted the.Ini file from the NA-MIC directory, but it still does not solve any problems, while earlier versions can run normally.

1 Like

Graphics card minimum requirements have been increased in Slicer-4.9. What is your graphics card brand and model? What is the graphics card driver version?

Updating your driver may fix the issue. If it does not help, follow these instructions.

Thank you for your reply.
My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX950,and the driver version is 10.18.13.6143,it is the latest version.
I don’t think it’s a problem with the graphics card or the driver. Some colleagues think it is a problem with the win7 system. It is not very compatible with the slicer 4.9. So I also ran eventvwr.exe trying to find some clues, but found nothing.

Is there a log file? If yes, what is in there? You can find it in your user’s Temp folder called Slicer_NNNNN_DATE_TIME.log.

Thank you for your reply.
In this TEMP directory, I found the .log files, but they are all about the versions that were previously runable, while there are no files for this inoperable version.
In a word, the program doesn’t seem to have been run. It left no trace.
It’s very strange.

Probably you’ll find a solution if you continue with the instructions on the link referenced above (check “There may be conflicting DLLs in your system path” section).