Slicer shows white screen at startup

Dear Sir, I met the same problem, after I installed 3D Slicer 5.6.0 on my computer, it stays on white screen. Here are the specs of my computer:
Operating system : windows 10
Processor : 13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
RAM : 64.00 GB
GPU : NVIDIA RTX A6000

What do you think is happening?
Thanks in advance!

Oh,I forgot I have two NVIDIA A6000,someone suggested that maybe the two graphics cards is the reason, I really needs your help! Thanks very much!

Most likely it is a driver issue. Have you installed the latest drivers? Can you try with disabling one and the other graphics card?

We use A6000 daily, they work great with Slicer. Make sure windows settings for Slicer is set to use the A6000, as opposed to the internal GPU on i9. See this WIndows 10 is now handling the gpu selection

Thanks for your help! I tried to change windows settings to make sure that A6000 was used for Slicer. However, it still occurs the problem even though I also had updated the newest drivers. I’m wondering if it’s because I’ve previously set up the “monailabel” python environment. I’m looking forward to your reply! Thanks again!

I’m wondering if it’s because I’ve previously set up the “monailabel” python environment

Since each Slicer installation comes with its own Python environment, you could re-download the latest version of Slicer, install it in a different folder and try again.

You can read more at https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer_guide/python_faq.html

Thanks for your help! I had solved it!

What was the solution? So that others can benefit from it.

1 Like

I am using a desktop computer, but I did not connect the monitor before. After connecting the monitor, it returned to normal. It may be that the graphics output cannot be configured because the monitor is not connected.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. FYI, if you don’t want to have a monitor always connected you can buy an HDMI dummy plug (also called display emulator or headless adapter) that fixes this issue but does not occupy space or consume electricity.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion! Have a nice day!