Slicer Jupyter notebooks can be launched using just a web browser

Slicer Jupyter notebooks can now be run interactively in your web browser without the need to install Slicer on your computer - Slicer instance is launched in the cloud automatically when you open a notebook. Thanks @ihnorton for setting this up!

Click here to use Slicer notebooks in your web browser now - there is no need to install anything.
Binder

Let us know if you find good use cases or further ideas about how we should improve this infrastructure.

2 Likes

Nice!

Maybe we can migrate example scripts and tutorials to this.

I’ve tried to do something like that in My first notebook. I think it looks promising.

Should we create a repository in Slicer organization? What should be the name? SlicerNotebooks? SlicerExamples? SlicerScriptRepository (if we were to migrate all contents)?

SlicerNotebooks makes sense to me. Yes, I saw your example notebooks and they worked nicely for me.

We can also include notebooks as part of Slicer documentation (that can be launched on Binder by a single click) - see for example here: https://sphinx-gallery.github.io/auto_examples/plot_seaborn.html#sphx-glr-download-auto-examples-plot-seaborn-py