The SlicerSALT team is proud to announce that version 2.2.1 is now available for download. This release introduces new features in almost all of our modules as well as dozens of bug fixes for better performance and stability. The development of SlicerSALT is supported by the NIH National Institute of Biomedical Imaging Bioengineering R01EB021391 (Shape Analysis Toolbox for Medical Image Computing Projects).
Improved population analysis module. It now allows to easily perform shape space exploration in all the main modes of variation within a population of geometries.
Python 3.0 support
- Improve all modules to support Python 3.x
Improved jump-start with each SALT module
- We added tutorial tab to each module that allows automatically downloading and visualizing example data for each module, as well as loading the tutorial associated to the tool
Shape Variation Analyzer
- Shape PCA browser
- Shape PCA plots
- Add support for automatically importing and visualizing freesurfer segmentations
- Add support for selecting template geometry
- Add scene observers so we can select which subject is used as template
- Improve GUI for a more streamlined use
- Improve s-rep fitting mechanism to support initial fitting as well as adjustment or interpolation of the fit. The previous version included only an initializer and a viewer.
Shape Population Viewer
- Improve user experience by integrating the shape population viewer within the SlicerSALT layout and by removing the disrupting pop-up.
Improve extension integration
- Create a new architecture to obtain dependencies for each module in SlicerSALT. We have a system of mirrors of each original repository for each module. This allows to have a centralized and stable codebase for the methodology.
Shape statistics crash fixes and stability
Data importer stability changes,
Add observer that will clear the module when the scene is closed
Improve multi subject selection
Shape Population viewer had bugs in the color customization that have now been fixed
Rename/re-categorize SlicerSALT modules [commit]
Disable non-shape modules from Slicer that still remained in SlicerSALT 1.0.0
Rigid alignment module bug and stability fixes
- Martin Styner & lab
- Steve Pizer & lab
- Tengfei Li
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- James Fishbaugh
- Guido Gerig
- Beatriz Paniagua
- Jared Vicory
- Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
- Sam Horvath