Wondering if the development team will make software development based on the ipad's os system

Wondering if the development team will make software development based on the iPad’s OS system, I think it must be super cool and convenient. In that case, we can segment organs by using an iPad pencil.

Thanks,

Yuan

Currently the best pen experience you can get with Slicer is on Windows. Slicer has been running on touchscreen laptops and tablets for many years, supporting many kinds of pens and digitizers on Windows and some Linux systems.

Apple did not add touch and pen support to its macOS systems, so you cannot use the Apple pencil directly with Slicer, but you can configure you iPad as a second screen,display Slicer there, and then maybe you can use the pencil for segmentation.

Allowing Slicer to run directly on the iPad would be significant effort, as we would need to build Slicer on a ARM architecture and we would need to adapt the software to limitations of iPadOS. We’ll create ARM builds soon, but I’m not sure if there is a strong enough use case for the rest of the work, as there are web apps for accomplishing simple tasks, and you need a powerful system, large screen, keyboard, GPU, etc. for complex tasks.

Thanks for getting back to me, got it.

Best,

Yuan