A free biomedical image analysis and visualization 2-day course

Hi! I’m interested in your course, is there a chance I can join online?

Susana Martínez

1 Like

A perfect course!
Because the google forum cannot be openned correctly in China,is there another link to the course?
Best!
Dr.Xie

Dear Susana,

Thank you for your interest in the course. Sorry, for this first run we will not offer the course online as we want to make the course interactive and immersive. If you will be able to travel to NC to attend the course, please fill out the form.

Best,
-Andinet

Dear Dr. Xie,

Thank you for your interest in the course. Sorry you are having difficulties accessing the Google registration form. This is an in person course in our North Carolina office and if you are able to travel to NC to attend the course, please email me your information privately and I will add you to the list of attendees.

Best,
-Andinet

Hi Andinet,

I think that Dr. Xie is complaining about the use of google because google is blocked in China. He is one of the more active members of the Chinese “we talk” user group with over 2500 members.

Best

Ron

I also second that making video recordings of these free workshops available would be a boon to community, especially for users who want to get more technical insight.

Get Outlook for Android

i am so unlucky that i am in india and can’t attend the workshop. but i
show keen interest in learning. even i believe that video recording of the
workshop should be made available.

thanks

Anita Khanna
PhD scholar, NIT Raipur
Asst. Prof., Electrical Dept,
Institute of technology, GGU,
Bilaspur (C.G.)
mob no: +919425280114

Thanks.
I am also interested in the course

Participating at a 2-day course in person is a great learning opportunity. However, if you cannot make it, then there is online training material already available that should keep you busy for about a year:

• Read the VTK textbook, cover to cover, 2-3 times (I’m serious, read all of it; and read it several times, as in the first pass you’ll not have deep enough understanding to get all details); this is essential, don’t do anything else before you read the book completely at least once
  • Skim through VTK examples
  • Skim through the ITK software guide, and read parts that are relevant for your tasks
  • Complete a couple of SimpleITK tutorials
  • Complete a few online courses about Python and numpy
  • Complete a few online tutorials about Qt basics
  • Complete all Slicer tutorials
  • If relevant for your work, complete all SlicerIGT tutorials
7 Likes

thank you so much. it is my dream to be there in person, i will surely try
next year.

Anita Khanna
PhD scholar, NIT Raipur
Asst. Prof., Electrical Dept,
Institute of technology, GGU,
Bilaspur (C.G.)
mob no: +919425280114

I filled out the form a few days ago but haven’t received a confirmation. Will those be going out soon? Sorry to be a bother but this would be in the middle of a multi-country trip so need to schedule flights.

Hi,

Please contact me at

andinet.enqu@kitware.com

Andinet

Is there a chance to attend the course online?

Ors

Sorry, for this first run we will not offer the course online as we want to make the course interactive and immersive

There will be a Slicer project week in Europe June 25-29. There is a nominal registration fee and of course there are travel expenses, but overall may be more affordable than getting to the USA.

Also, there are Slicer workshops and tutorials held at major conferences (RSNA, SPIE Medical Imaging, MICCAI, …) - usually they get listed here: https://www.na-mic.org/wiki/Events.

If there is enough interest - something like 20 people would like to learn about Slicer-related topics for at least a couple of hours - then it should be possible to arrange customized training course anywhere in the world.

1 Like

We have a few seats left. Please fill out the form if you are planning to attend the course end of this month.

Best
Andinet

1 Like

The course went very well,

Course slides and exercises can be downloaded from
https://data.kitware.com/#collection/568a9db98d777f429eac8eab/folder/5b0724188d777f15ebe1f55b

-Andinet

4 Likes

Congratulation and many thanks for sharing.

I would like to attend the course. Anyhope. or any kind of vedio clips properly arranged.
Is there in India or USA. Please reply. My intention is to do tractography and import and export vector or scalar images into or outside the system of Gamma Knife planning.

Attending a course is a convenient way of getting introduced to selected features of Slicer but there are many other ways to learn all that you need. For example, you can start with tutorials on Slicer training page then ask any specific question on this forum.