Build failure on Mac using git:// protocol

I haven’t built from scratch (clean) in a while, so apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere (didn’t see it in a quick search).

It looks like as of Nov 2, the “brownout” of the git:// protocol is beginning. Cloning of DCMTK using this protocol during the build fails, but the solution is just to un-check Slicer_USE_GIT_PROTOCOL in CMake. Should this be the default now, as git:// protocol is truly going away?

There are ongoing discussions on this:

I’m currently testing if configuring with Slicer_USE_GIT_PROTOCOL=OFF is a workaround for a complete build while this is sorted out. I’ll post my findings here

Got it, thanks - sorry for the extra post/noise. I’m building now, I can also post success/failure here if you’re interested.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: macOS build #error “Unknown architecture !” associated with DynamicModeler/Logic/FastMarching

Just wanted to confirm that setting Slicer_USE_GIT_PROTOCOL=OFF is a valid workaround for this problem. We are working on a permanent solution in COMP: Disabling git protocol by default by RafaelPalomar · Pull Request #5980 · Slicer/Slicer · GitHub

Yes - I was able to build. @jcfr committed a fix for the unknown architecture problem; setting Slicer_USE_GIT_PROTOCOL=OFF fixed the git protocol issue with DCMTK (and possibly other packages using git:// protocol.

Thanks!