Create a Draw tube and move it

I do modifications as bellow:
1- load the original .mrml file.
2- from the top I choose Crop Volume and name the output volume as ‘cropped volume’ and then click Apply.
3- save this new file.
4- reopen the slicer and load the new file. hit the Segment Editor, click on master volume to set the ‘cropped volume’ and then go through the effect to Draw tube and do some modifications.at this point I see the new ROI in my 3d view but when draw something there, nothing shows up in new ROI!!!

I do not know why you need to close and re open the file.

I think the problem is that it does not work if you just change the master volume from the drop down list. You need to select the cropped volume from the small button on the right side of the master volume selection. It says specify geometry. From there select the new cropped volume and it should work.

I dont know if this is due to bug or is this the way it is intended to work.

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 19-48-56

1 Like

Manjula I can not thank you enough.
It works now.The problem was the way clicking on drop down menu instead of specify geometry.
Many thanks to you.

1 Like

Does anybody know how to extract the ‘flow data’ from the CT-scan images?
I have bunch of CT-images of the Heart and I’m looking for the flow rate of the blood.

If all you have is the dynamic CT then you need to compute the flow information. Fortunately, Slicer already has all the necessary infrastructure to do this - you just need to write a Python script to connect all the pieces.

You can extract centerline using SlicerVMTK extension, estimate bolus arrival time at each centerline position by analyzing image intensity change in time, and compute all the metrics. In recent Slicer Preview releases we added the option of to store custom data arrays in markups curve nodes, which you can use to store information such as such as vessel radius, transit time, flow rate,…

If you need to analyze moving vessels (e.g., coronaries) then you have to detect vessels in each frame or suppress motion using SequenceRegistration extension.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to hide cropping region box and label cube

2 posts were split to a new topic: Display vertical ruler

A post was split to a new topic: Merge CAD file with segmentation

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to edit an STL file using Segment Editor