How can I transfer my custom ultrasound data from python to 3Dslicer through IGT

Hi, everyone.

I am conducting an academic research and want to use 3DSlicer to reconstruct the ultrasound image from 2D to 3D.

I only have offline ultrasound images (both DICOM and .png) and 6-DOF coordinate for each ultrasound image, and I do not have the ultrasound devices and positioning equipment such as OptiTrack which is recommended in the IGT tutorial. But I found an IGT Python implementation from Lassoan. This Python code has two functions pyigtl.PositionMessage and pyigtl.ImageMessage, which is match with my offline ultrasound data.

Now, the question is how to connect the Python to 3DSlicer through IGT to realize the 3D reconstruction of ultrasonic images? I’ve seen some slicerIGT tutorials in slicerigt.org and it seems like to fetch data from outside you have to use plus server and prepare a configuration file (.xml) for that.

I am now confused with how to write this configuration file right , any good idea?

In addition to preparing the correct .XML file, what other operations do I need to do to finally connect and transmit data correctly from Python to Slicer?

Furthermore, if I transmit the ultrasonic data correctly to the Slicer, whether the remaining steps of 3D ultrasonic reconstruction are the same as this video, whitch can be implemented by calling Plus Remote, and the Volume Reconstruction module?

Very appreciate!