Importing DICOMs

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7
Slicer version: 4.6.2

I have a CD with the DICOM files and directory for about 40 MR images. I cannot manage to import the DICOM folder directly into 3D Slicer - the program iterates through all of the files over about 30 minutes and then displays that 0 patients have been added. If I export each MRI series individually as a .dcm from GearView, Slicer will upload the images but results in distorted coronal and sagittal images with the error “Geometric issues were found with 1 of the series. Please use caution”.

I am unfamiliar with DICOM files and am unsure how to successfully load these into Slicer. (I’ve tried loading the files with DICOMDiffusionVolumePlugin disables as well). Thanks for any help!

Please try it again, with the latest nightly version of Slicer.

Sometime Slicer DICOM database becomes unaccessible, or the database path is not writeable after installation. You can try resetting the database location to a new location that is writeable.

Downloaded the nightly version of Slicer and the images are back to normal. Thank you!

Slicer 4.7.0

All of the images have loaded, however they are not the quality expected and Slicer outputs the error: “Warning in DICOM plugin Scalar Volume when examining loadable 5: File name There is no pixel data attribute for the DICOM objects, but they might be readable as secondary capture images.” Any idea how to resolve this error?

Thanks!

Hi -

Can you try the steps described here [1] and report back?

-Steve

[1] https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/FAQ/DICOM