No extensions for latest nightly

There are no extensions available for latest nightly version (due to “Variable Slicer_QT_VERSION_MAJOR is not defined” error) and there are also some new failed tests.

As about half of the users download the latest nightly version, so we must keep the nightly versions fully functional.

@jcfr Could you please remove the latest nightly build from MIDAS?

Workaround: Users who come across this problem can download an earlier version (built 3 days ago) by using this link: http://download.slicer.org/?offset=-3

I’m having the same issue with the Nightly version you put up for the workaround where it’s saying there are no extensions.

http://download.slicer.org/?offset=-1 works for me

All set. After the internal database associated with download.slicer.org is updated, we should be good.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: No extensions in extension manager

I face the same problem. I had built slicer 4.8.1 from the source by myself.
slicer

Since the extensions associated with the latest release are already built, could you clarify why you had to rebuild Slicer 4.8.1 yourself ? Which problem were you trying to solve ?

Our current project involves the revival of a project previously developed in 2015 in our lab with updates in syntax and logic for QT (VS2012 to VS2017), updates in code from C++ ’98 to C++ ’11, new versions of OpenCV (2.4.9 to 3.4.1), 3D Slicer (4.4.0 to 4.9.0), and ArUco (1.2.5 to 3.0.11). And thats why we are building the older version.

Actually We were trying to upgrade from older to newer version. But before that we were trying to build older version of slicer. We will build a new module for Augmented reality application

Have you added the binary folders to the Additional modules list in the Application settings? For example:
[path_to_module_bin]\lib\Slicer-4.9\qt-loadable-modules\Release
[path_to_module_bin]\lib\Slicer-4.9\qt-scripted-modules
[path_to_module_bin]\lib\Slicer-4.9\cli-modules\Release
Please note the Release/Debug folder for CLIs and loadable modules. These are only needed on Windows.

I had added the qt binary file only because I will make the qt loadable module only

[path_to_module_bin]\lib\Slicer-4.9\qt-loadable-modules

not the
[path_to_module_bin]\lib\Slicer-4.9\qt-loadable-modules\Release

So when you open Slicer, then the Application Settings contains the correct path, but your module does not show up?

If so, can you send us the log? You can find it in About / Report a problem

Also, this may be a basic question but did you check it in the category that is set in the module? Can you find it by search?

log

I had added the path but in the module finding,it does not show up. I did not check it in the category. How to do that?

There is neither “Release” nor “Debug” at the end of your module path

I tried to use the Release path at the end but when i did that it showed an error message that: can not find the module

Its working now. I didn’t add the module path in the “slicerLaunchSettings.ini” files. Now its working.
Thanks a lot for your support