No extensions in extension manager

Hi! After installing Slicer 4.9.0 2018-08-07, there are no extensions listed in the extension manager.

In the application settings, the “Extensions server URL” is http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3, which I have not changed.

In the extensions manager, I get the message: “No extensions found for win:64-bit, revision: ‘27339’. Please try a different combination”.

If I go to https://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/slicerappstore with a web browser, I get the same error.

This is the whole Slicer error log:

“Session start time …: 2018-08-08 13:37:45
Slicer version …: 4.9.0-2018-08-07 (revision 27339) win-amd64 - installed release
Operating system …: Windows / Professional / (Build 9200) - 64-bit
Memory …: 16262 MB physical, 16262 MB virtual
CPU …: GenuineIntel , 8 cores, 8 logical processors
VTK configuration …: OpenGL2 rendering, TBB threading
Developer mode enabled …: no
Prefer executable CLI …: yes
Additional module paths …: (none)
Popen([‘git’, ‘version’], cwd=C:\Program Files\Slicer 4.9.0-2018-08-07, universal_newlines=False, shell=None)
Popen([‘git’, ‘version’], cwd=C:\Program Files\Slicer 4.9.0-2018-08-07, universal_newlines=False, shell=None)
Scripted subject hierarchy plugin registered: Annotations
Scripted subject hierarchy plugin registered: SegmentEditor
Scripted subject hierarchy plugin registered: SegmentStatistics
Switch to module: “Welcome”
An OpenGL Core Profile was requested, but it is not supported on the current platform. Falling back to a non-Core profile. Note that this might cause rendering issues.”

Best regards,
Torquil Sørensen

I am facing this same problem (“No extensions found for win:64-bit, revision: ‘27339’. Please try a different combination”) with the latest Nightly build which I downloaded from the Slicer homepage.

Appreciate your help, thanks!

Indeed, for some reason there are only extensions for Linux and Mac at this moment. It is possible that the factory computers have not finished the builds yet. You can wait to see if this is true, or download yesterday’s nightly that looks OK on the dashboard:
http://download.slicer.org/?offset=-1

note: I moved two posts in to this thread from an old one (No extensions for latest nightly)

@torquil please see suggestion above.

Windows extension builds are now coming up from the factory machine. It seems to be later than they have been in the past. I will take a look at the factory system log to see if something weird happened. If not, perhaps we should consider moving the factory build start earlier.

2 Likes

Thanks people, it is working again now.

@jcfr

So I think we should consider moving the start time earlier for the nightly build, or changing up the build order. Currently, we build the stable extensions before the preview (except if its Sunday …?). Each build (slicer, stable extensions, preview extensions) appears to be taking ~4 hrs according to the logs, so most days the preview extensions don’t finish until late morning.

This was originally done to accommodate @fedorov. See Slicer/DashboardScripts@41b143d1f for more background

Also, for either the Preview or Stable extension, considering that some extension used branches like origin/master-XY or origin/master, we have no way of knowing if we can skip the build of the index or not.

We could also update the nighty build time. It is currently set in Slicer/CTestConfig.cmake as 3:00:00 UTC (23:00 EDT). May be we could start all nightly build at (8pm) 20:00 EDT (0:00:00 UTC) ?

For reference, the order of build is specified here:

@jcfr, according to @Sam_Horvath:

However, the comment from the commit you mentioned states that it should implement the behavior suggested by Sam:

Lacking automatic detection of the 4.5 extensions index changes and
building of the modified extensions only, it is proposed that the order
between 4.5 and nightly is changed manually on as needed basis. It is
expected that nightly builds will be changing at a faster pace than 4.5,
thus it is natural to have nightly built in the first place.

So I think something changed since that commit, if indeed stable extensions are built before the preview.

Another option would be to show yesterday’s nightly build (…?offset=-1) on the download page. Developers and advanced users would know that a more recent, potentially incomplete build is available for early testing.

1 Like

The change to building stable before nighlt/preview on weekedays occured here:

If there is no specific technical reason to build stable extension first, I would change the order to build nightly Slicer core and extensions first.

1 Like