Offline reconstruction with other devices

Hi everyone,
I’m a PhD student currently working on ultrasound volume reconstruction and I just found 3DSlicer/SlicerIGT. I tried the tutorials and the results are really impressive.
I need your help for the two following issues:
First I tried the tutorial on the elbow offline reconstruction. It is not clear to me why there is a need for a stylus in this example. I thought the stylus was used for the calibration step, but once this step is done, I do not understand why we need to compute the stylustoreference matrix.
The second point is that I do not have the US and tracking systems that are proposed by the PLUS toolkit. Since I just a do not need a reconstruction in real time but rather an offline reconstruction, do you know if it is possible to change the configuration files so that I can compute a volume reconstruction with other devices ?
Best regards,
Nolwenn

1 Like

It is not needed. It can be useful if you want to register the acquired ultrasound to pre-procedural images based on anatomical landmarks. [quote=“Nolwenn, post:1, topic:2523”]
I do not have the US and tracking systems that are proposed by the PLUS toolkit.
[/quote]

Plus can acquire ultrasound images from any scanner by using framegrabbers. What tracking system do you use?

You just need to create a sequence file that contains images and transforms in this format: Plus applications user manual: Sequence file and run the command-line volume reconstructor tool: Plus applications user manual: Volume reconstruction

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer !
We have the Vicon system for the tracking and the Aixplorer (Supersonic Imagine) for the US acquisitions.
What I do not understand is the config file which is needed for the reconstruction. Can I create one for my devices ?
Best,