Panoramic image/view

Is it possible to reconstruct a panoramic view as is often used in dentistry and if not, are there any plans to add that capability? Thank you.

Operating system: MAC 10.13 (High Sierra)
Slicer version: 4.6.2
Expected behavior:
Actual behavior:

There is no panoramic view but you can set up curved multi-planar reconstruction view:

It would not take too much time to create a module that sets this up by a few clicks and you could also generate an image stack or projection image (traditional 2D panoramic view) using this approach or as described in this VTK journal article. If you are willing to contribute some development time or funding then you can make it happen soon, otherwise you need to wait for someone else’s contribution. There has been interest in improving Slicer usability for dentistry, but I’m not sure if anything materialized.

Use the latest stable version (4.8.1).

Hi Andras,

thanks for the mention. We’re still running the crowdfunding campaign for that project until the end of next month and the functionality described above is a key component of our workflow.

So far there have been a few commitments, most of them from small labs/individual dentists rather than research groups. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Kind regards,

Mihai

very very Thks,
I am studing all publication,

Is it possible to do a panoramic reconstruction, a view dentists often use, in Slicer? And if so, how?

Thank you.

Bernard Friedland