Radiomics Extension and Butterworth Filter

Hi,

I just download the latest-nightly-built 3D slicer, it turns out that Radiomics seems to be removed from the Extension Manager. May I know why?

Another question is I tried to use Butterworth filter with an order of 2 and cutoff of 125 to smooth images before feature calculation. However, I did not find it. Is there a similar one that can replace Butterworth filter?

Regards,
Tingting

We are in the middle of finalizing the Slicer 4.10 release - check again in a day or two and extensions should be back.

What module do you use for that?

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your quick reply. Actually, I want to investigate the impact of image pre-processing on radiomics features. And the module I tried named “simple filter”.

Regards,
Tingting

Looks like Radiomics is available for the 4.10 stable release now, at least on windows and linux, but not mac until the application signature issue is sorted out.

Regarding Butterworth in Simple Filters I’m not seeing that - probably @blowekamp knows?

Hi Steve,

Thank you. I tried both stable-release and nightly-build version. None of them have “Radiomics” extension.

I did not see Butterworth filter in other modules, either. But when I searched for the Radiomics extension, I happened to see there is an extension named MatlabBridge. Maybe I could use this extension so that I could use the butter(Butterworth filter design) function from matlab.

Regards,
Tingting

I am not aware of any ready to go ITK filters which do a classic FFT band pass filtering. ITK certainly have the components to do these operations, but not a single parameterized filter. There is probably a remote module or other community code to do these operations, but I’m not aware of a specific implementation. If such a filter is found it could easily be wrapped for SimpleITK by writing a json file for it.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Radiomics extension build errors on Windows