Set fiducial size?

Apologies if this has been asked or addressed elsewhere - I looked through the docs but didn’t see anything.

Is there a way to set the size of the fiducial markers in the 3D view? Many of the specimens I work on (CT of fossil insects) are millimeters in size, and the fiducial markers show as these giant spheres in 3D.

Thanks!

-Hollister

Markups module -> Advanced / Glyph scale

Hmm, that doesn’t seem to change the fiducial markers placed when using the Surface Cut tool in the Segment Editor Expansion module. Is there a way to tweak those?

Thanks!!!

Surface cut tool creates temporary markup nodes, so by the time you would open the Markups module, the markup node is gone. I’ve modified the effect a little bit so to use default markups properties that are defined in the scene (new version is available in the nightly build that you download tomorrow or later).

To change default markup size, add these lines to the Slicer startup script (you can edit it by opening Application Settings and clicking the “open” icon next to “Application startup script”):

defaultMarkupsDisplayNode = slicer.vtkMRMLMarkupsDisplayNode()
defaultMarkupsDisplayNode.SetGlyphScale(9.0)
slicer.mrmlScene.AddDefaultNode(defaultMarkupsDisplayNode)

In general, if you work with images where the complete image is under a millimeter, you might try to change your image spacing to be 1000x larger (in Volumes module); and in Application Settings, set unit to micrometer. That way your images may have a more similar scale than the commonly used human anatomical images, so you will be less likely to run into these kind of issues.