Slice view annotation controls

Hi all,

I just wanted to turn off slice view annotations in the latest Slicer and I found that it does not work. The main checkbox in the module does not have any effect:

Steps:

• Load MRHead (see annotation in all slice views bottom left)
  • Go to DataProbe module
  • Uncheck checkbox shown above

Similarly, the code here also does not have any effect:
https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer_guide/script_repository.html#hide-slice-view-annotations

Has anything around the topic changed lately?

Update: Same behavior in 5.6.2. Looking at the SliceViewAnnotations code but it’s barely commented and a bit convoluted, so if someone knows it well any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

It seems to me that the update

is not called due to the early return

What I don’t understand

• Why nobody noticed this in the past several months
  • Git log on this file shows basically no functional change for years

Although there is this commit that touches just what is broken:

I think for now I’ll use the workaround to call updateCornerAnnotation with each slice logic, but it would be good to get to the bottom of this.

Disabling corner annotation has never worked for me. I always force update manually add you described.

The current implementation of this feature is so low quality (fragile, complicated, very limited functionality, poor visual appearance) that I would rewrite it from scratch. See details here:

Agreed, thanks. If this is not a recent regression then let’s leave any improvement or fix for the complete revamp.