SlicerElastix extension installed but the module is not visible anywhere

Operating system: Win10
Slicer version: 4.11.20210226 r29738 / 7a593c8
Installed SlicerElastix extension - shows up in the Extensions Manager.
Expected behavior: I expect to see module “General Registration (Elastix)” as in theis demo Elastix registration toolbox in 3D Slicer - YouTube
Actual behavior: There is no module “General Registration (Elastix)” (or anything with the work elastix) in the Registration section of the list of the modules.

How can I locate the installed tool?
Thanks

I am sorry to ask but did you restarted Slicer after installing the extension?

Thanks. Several times.

I’ve checked this and using this Slicer version on Windows, the extension shows up:

If you still cannot find the module then please upload the application log somewhere (menu: Help / Report a bug) and copy the link here.

Thanks, Andras.
Module finder does not locate it.
Interestingly, log has a line “[DEBUG][Qt] 05.10.2021 21:23:56 (unknown:0) - Additional module paths …: (none)” Does this mean the extension didn’t actually get installed?
Extension Manager screenshot
image.png

Here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l-Vq0Co1YKLW1yKmFr3EPC5FyuVjprN-/view?usp=sharing

Yes, the extension should be listed in the additional module paths, something like this:

[DEBUG][Qt] 05.10.2021 16:40:46 [] (unknown:0) - Additional module paths ..: NA-MIC/Extensions-29738/SlicerElastix/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules

Did you install Slicer in a location where you have write access?
Is that a regular local disk (not a network drive or virtual network drive, such as google or box)?

Do you have a NA-MIC/Extensions-29738/SlicerElastix/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules folder within your Slicer installation folder?

Do you use Avast or other third-party antivirus? (they can silently delete files from your hard disk that they don’t trust)

Thanks for the prompt response. Extremely impressive!
Installed locally where the installer suggested. Regular local disk
C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Local\NA-MIC\Slicer 4.11.20210226\NA-MIC\Extensions-29738\SlicerElastix\lib\Slicer-4.11\qt-scripted-modules

I use F-Secure. Not sure how it is configured (not by me).

Blaming antivirus?

1 Like

Does Elastix work well if you manually add the C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Local\NA-MIC\Slicer 4.11.20210226\NA-MIC\Extensions-29738\SlicerElastix\lib\Slicer-4.11\qt-scripted-modules path to your additional module paths in menu: Edit / Application settings / Modules?

Do you have this problem with other extensions, too? (for example, SlicerIGT, Sandbox, SegmentEditorExtraEffects, …)

Many thanks. Adding the path manually resolved the issue.
This is the only extension I have so far. Shall I test if this situation happens with other extensions?

Yes it would be interesting to know if this is something specific to this extension. For example, install SlicerIGT and Sandbox extensions and see if their module folders get added to the additional module paths.

installed SlicerIGT.
Is it IGT group which I should expect as a result?
image.png

Yes, it looks good. We’ll keep an eye on this but maybe we can blame the antivirus then.