MarkupsCurve with Endoscopy error message

In the Endoscopy module it is possible to choose a MarkupsCurve as the “Input Fiducials”. However, nothing happens when clicking on “Create path”. In addition, I have seven cameras with the same name, so I’m not really sure which one to use. Anyway, when I click on “Create path”, the Python console shows the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/torquil/usr/slicer/lib/Slicer-4.13/qt-scripted-modules/Endoscopy.py", line 222, in onCreatePathButtonClicked
    result = EndoscopyComputePath(fiducialsNode)
  File "/home/torquil/usr/slicer/lib/Slicer-4.13/qt-scripted-modules/Endoscopy.py", line 394, in __init__
    self.calculatePath()
  File "/home/torquil/usr/slicer/lib/Slicer-4.13/qt-scripted-modules/Endoscopy.py", line 414, in calculatePath
    t, p, remainder = self.step(segment, t, remainder)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Btw, I’m using 3D Slicer 4.13.0-2020-11-24 r29485 / 5a52b58 on Linux.

I’ve pushed a fix please try again with the Slicer Preview Release tomorrow.

Hi!

That’s great! I tried it by copying Endoscopy.py to my existing installation. Slicer now generates an endoscopy flight from a markups curve. However, would it be possible to set the “dl”-parameter manually? I found that by reducing it from dl = 0.5 to dl = 0.1 (on line 354 in Endoscopy.py after your modifications) I could achieve the smoothness of the endoscopy flight that I wanted. Could the “dl”-parameter be user adjustable in the Endoscopy module?

Best regards,
Torquil Sørensen

Endoscopy is a very simple Python scripted module and so you can a slicer.qMRMLSliderWidget() to control the sampling distance very easily. If it works well then send us a pull request so that we can add it to Slicer core. Thank you!

Hello, I also have this problem, but I can’t download Slicer Preview Release , which display the " 0 kb" in the download directory.

I can confirm that Windows and MacOS packages have 0 length. @Sam_Horvath could you have a look?

Until it is fixed, you can download preview release from a few days ago from this link:

Can I use Endoscopy to generate open markup curve from markup nodes? But the Endoscopy report this error: {E54W@1HD5FZ~OJ6$KX74P7

Thank you !

The error is fixed in latest Slicer Preview Release but packaging seems to be broken right now, so you can download a preview release from a few days ago and overwrite Endoscopy.py with the latest version.

1 Like

Looking into issues with the server:

Can we switch to the new server? It would be a better investment of your time to get the new server up and running instead of trying to prop up the old one.