Slicer failed build on win10

Hello,

I followed the Build Instructions to build Slicer on Windows 10.
CMake: 3.15.0
Git: 2.25.1
Qt: 5.10.0 64-bit (MSVC 2015)
Visual Studio 2015
After BUILD Slicer in Visual Studio, 42 errors occurred.

Could someone tell me how to solve these errors? Thanks!

In addition, this is the second time I build the same Slicer.sln in S4D folder. At the first time, I remember there were not so many errors (I don’t remember exactly), and I was able to run slicer.exe in slicer-build folder. But when I built the RUN_TESTS project, errors occurred. So I suppose I failed to build Slicer at the first time and built it for this second time. I don’t know whether this matters.

It seems that I click the build button instead of the rebuild button to make so many errors. I just rebuilt the slicersln. Although there are not so many errors, there is still one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 171: error MSB6006: “cmd.exe” exited with code 1.

The executable Slicer.exe in Slicer-build was regenerated and it can run. But many files are failed to be loaded:

Could someone tell me how to solve that error? Or does it mean that the build has been completed? Thanks!

The build error you see may just mean that a resource file cannot be overwritten, so it might be harmless. I usually ignore these kind of errors as long as there are no other ones, and SlicerApp-real.exe is generated.

The errors you see on startup is due to a problem with a certain revision, and it has been fixed since then. Please update your Slicer source code, build, and it will work.

How to ignore these errors ?

You can only ignore warnings (by simply not doing anything with them) but errors must be fixed because otherwise your build will be incomplete. Instead of reviving this old thread, I would recommend to create a new topic with whatever problem you have, unless it seems to be the same root cause of build error as this.