Default settings for discourse users

(Andras Lasso) #1

(I tried to post this to the discourse config topic but new users can only post 3 messages into one topic)

Can we set to send responses in email by default for topics that a user posted or replied to?

(Isaiah Norton) #2

It should be doing so already – I’ve been getting notification emails for topics I interacted with. They don’t happen immediately though, the setting email time window mins controls this, and is at default 10 min right now.

(Andras Lasso) #3

Sounds good, thank you. It was not obvious for me if emails are sent or not because I was logged on the site. We should just include this piece of info in our “migration guide” for users.

(Andras Lasso) #4

Shouldn’t we set up the default so that users get emails about all topics in Announcements?

(Jean Christophe Fillion Robin) #5

Is there a way to increase the number of images a user can upload ? When I tried to upload images … I could only do one at a time. May be we could increase to three images ?

(Andras Lasso) #6

I’ve increased max image upload 1->3 and also increased max number of attachments 0->1 (in Admin / Settings / Postings). If we find that spammers take advantage of this then we can cut back the limits.

(Isaiah Norton) #7

Done. The setting is default categories watching.